Thursday, September 22, 2016

Let there be BLOG!

A Jumping Off Point

Though I've turned my Facebook into a private journal of sorts for years, I've decided to take the plunge and start up a public blog. I figured it would be a different way to reach out to more folks and share my stories, my photography, my travels and my passion for the state eight generations of my family have called home. It promises to be a great adventure! I'm glad to have you all along for the ride. I plan on talking mucho history, BUT, with my own storytelling spin. This won't be the history you learned in school. In other words, it won't be boring as watching paint dry. I will also most definitely be talking about BBQ, Tex-Mex, epic scenery, people, music, culture, philosophy, religion, anything and everything that interests me. And most everything interests me. Except math. At some point I plan on hooking up some Youtube posts as well to give you a guided tour of the places I will be experiencing on my travels. Or my travails. Frankly, this is just one fun grand experiment that I'm giving a try - throwing spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks. Hope you enjoy what I have to say. Stay tuned!


- I took this picture in the old city cemetery in La Grange, Texas, back in 2015. I thought it was a nice symbol of rebirth. The old giving rise to the new. A Phoenix of flowers arising from ashes.



2 comments: